Turnipsoft Forums
Is it possible to change table styling in Freda? - Printable Version

+- Turnipsoft Forums (https://www.turnipsoft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Freda (https://www.turnipsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (https://www.turnipsoft.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to change table styling in Freda? (/showthread.php?tid=10625)

Is it possible to change table styling in Freda? - jp06 - 01-16-2020

I changed the number of columns to only one and it seems that the width of the table is the same as when there were two columns. Maybe there's a stylesheet somewhere I can edit or something?

RE: Is it possible to change table styling in Freda? - jim_chapman - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 02:10 PM)jp06 Wrote: I changed the number of columns to only one and it seems that the width of the table is the same as when there were two columns. Maybe there's a stylesheet somewhere I can edit or something?

That 'number of columns' setting is controlling the way that text as a whole is laid out on the screen - whether you get one column, or two, or however many, across the page. 

It does not specifically impact table elements.

But if Freda is doing something that you do not like with the layout of tables ... that's entirely possible.  Freda is quite bad at drawing tables.  The good news is that I have recently written a new version of the Freda parsing/rendering code, which is much better at tables (and all kinds of CSS layout).  In the current release, this new code is available, but you only get it if you ask for it.  In the settings screen, find the 'advanced rendering (experimental)' section and switch it on - and now you will see the new parsing/rendering code at work.

RE: Is it possible to change table styling in Freda? - jp06 - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 03:06 PM)jim_chapman Wrote: In the settings screen, find the 'advanced rendering (experimental)' section and switch it on - and now you will see the new parsing/rendering code at work.

That actually did it, looks much better now. Should have fiddled more before asking. Thanks for the help!

RE: Is it possible to change table styling in Freda? - tinlizzy - 09-19-2020

(01-16-2020, 03:09 PM)jp06 Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 03:06 PM)jim_chapman Wrote: In the settings screen, find the 'advanced rendering (experimental)' section and switch it on - and now you will see the new parsing/rendering code at work.

That actually did it, looks much better now. Should have fiddled more before asking. Thanks for the help!

Hi Jim
I recently removed Freda due to that annoying problem with that ruddy box that takes over my PC.  Did clean ups and then re-installed Freda.  Now I cant change the number of columns!  That option seems to have been removed form the settings. Is there anyway I can go back to the previous version or at least fix this one to allow me to only have ONE column?  My eyesight is poor so I have to set font quite high which does not work well with 2 columns.

Your help would be appreciated   Smile

(09-19-2020, 04:51 PM)tinlizzy Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 03:09 PM)jp06 Wrote:

Hi Jim
I recently removed Freda due to that annoying problem with that ruddy box that takes over my PC.  Did clean ups and then re-installed Freda.  Now I cant change the number of columns!  That option seems to have been removed form the settings. Is there anyway I can go back to the previous version or at least fix this one to allow me to only have ONE column?  My eyesight is poor so I have to set font quite high which does not work well with 2 columns.

Your help would be appreciated   Smile

Sorry after more "fiddling" I found the setting - sorry my mistake