Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebDAV?
Any chance at all that you'd build in support for WebDAV (or OwnCloud/NextCloud) for multi-system sync in addition to OneDrive?
And if not, any chance of adding encryption to notes and highlights?

And if not, maybe an option to only sync highlights and annotations?
Hi,

My 'to do' list does include increasing the range of options for where to sync to, and how much information to sync. I hadn't actually considered implementing support for WebDAV - but if it's a widely used standard, I will give it some thought.

As for encryption, can you explain a bit more - what exactly do you want me to encrypt? The file in transit, or the file as stored on OneDrive? And do you really need encryption such that non-one but you can read the file content (and I'd therefore need to manage a key for each Freda user)? Or is it enough for me just to obfuscate the file, so that only Freda can read it (i.e. it would mean your cloud service provider could not read the file content).

Thanks,

Jim
(05-22-2019, 08:14 AM)jim_chapman Wrote: Hi,

My 'to do' list does include increasing the range of options for where to sync to, and how much information to sync.  I hadn't actually considered implementing support for WebDAV - but if it's a widely used standard, I will give it some thought.

As for encryption, can you explain a bit more - what exactly do you want me to encrypt?  The file in transit, or the file as stored on OneDrive?  And do you really need encryption such that non-one but you can read the file content (and I'd therefore need to manage a key for each Freda user)?  Or is it enough for me just to obfuscate the file, so that only Freda can read it (i.e. it would mean your cloud service provider could not read the file content).

Thanks,

Jim

My biggest concern is, in fact, obfuscation sufficient to prevent entities like Microsoft from reading file content in the absence of a non-disclosure agreement.  Some of the documentation I carry is proprietary.  I'm not particular what that solution looks like.   Smile