Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
download location / sd card
(04-26-2019, 04:05 PM)jim_chapman Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 03:43 PM)wbhyde Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 09:30 AM)jim_chapman Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 03:23 PM)wbhyde Wrote: Is there any way to set the location to which Freda downloads files?
Thanks,
Bill

Freda will keep its downloaded files in whatever location you installed it.  It has to work this way, because of how Windows works for apps that are installed from the Store (Store apps don't have general access to the file system, only to certain specific folders, in which the app is installed).  So if you want Freda to keep its download files on a storage card, you have to tell Windows to install it on the storage card (when you install the app, you should see an option to do that).

I'm a bit confused.  I guess I should have been clearer.  This install was on my Samsung Galaxy 8plus Android phone.  I did not see an option for installing it on the SD card, however I did use setting > apps to move the app and all it's data to the SD Card.  I was asking because some Apps have an option in their settings to use the SD card for data even if the app itself can't be moved to external storage.  I looked for that in the Freda settings and the manual and the FAQ and couldn't find anything about it.

Ah OK - got it.  You're right, Android apps do have the possibility of keeping their app-specific data in a special folder on the storage card, even if the app is not installed on the storage card.  Freda does not support that functionality at the moment, I am afraid.  On the other hand, I believe that Freda will work OK if you install the whole app on the storage card.  It may run a bit slowly (because of all its working files being on the storage card).
I'll let you know if I run into any problems or slowdowns with it.  At the time, I took care to buy the fastest microSD card I could find but that was two years ago.

Messages In This Thread
download location / sd card - by wbhyde - 04-25-2019, 03:23 PM
RE: download location / sd card - by jim_chapman - 04-26-2019, 09:30 AM
RE: download location / sd card - by wbhyde - 04-26-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: download location / sd card - by jim_chapman - 04-26-2019, 04:05 PM
RE: download location / sd card - by wbhyde - 04-26-2019, 04:24 PM