Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Ability to Reload / Re-Render Current File
I use Freda when I write so that I can see my writing in "book" form and to use the read-aloud feature. I would leave Freda open if I could and just press a button or click a key to have it reload the current file. This would come in very handy when I edit the underlying book, I could simply recompile it (in Scrivener) and then hit a 'reload' key in Freda to see the changes.

Thanks

JWhitten
I'll take a look at it - but I'm a bit cautious about adding a new UI control to the reader screen to deal with a case that, for most users, is not very relevant.  It might be more suitable to add it as a customisable mapping for one of the keyboard keys (that way, you can set it up if you need it, but most users would just never see it).  So I will add than to my 'to do' list.

But just to check you've noticed it: at the moment, you can achieve what you need by:
1) while reading, tap the 'back' button (or ... then the control at top left) to return to the main screen
2) tap the 'download' button (last button on the menu ribbon in the 'book' section)
3) wait for the book to download
4) tap the book image, to return to the reader screen.
(04-02-2020, 07:57 AM)jim_chapman Wrote: I'll take a look at it - but I'm a bit cautious about adding a new UI control to the reader screen to deal with a case that, for most users, is not very relevant.  It might be more suitable to add it as a customisable mapping for one of the keyboard keys (that way, you can set it up if you need it, but most users would just never see it).  So I will add than to my 'to do' list.

But just to check you've noticed it: at the moment, you can achieve what you need by:
1) while reading, tap the 'back' button (or ... then the control at top left) to return to the main screen
2) tap the 'download' button (last button on the menu ribbon in the 'book' section)
3) wait for the book to download
4) tap the book image, to return to the reader screen.

Thanks. If I can already reload it somehow, thats all I really wanted. I'll look into your suggestions.