Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Controls and Margin control
Hello :-)

Thank you for your good work so far! I've downloaded your reader, because it's the only one I've found with auto-scrolling that doesn't need a mousewheel for it to work. there are however, several things that would make it even better :-)

1.) I can't controll the auto scroll speed with any keys (making it slow down a little bit or speed up), I always need to use the mouse/touchpad for that and I'd appreciate it greatly if this were possible

2.) I'm on a screen with horizontal layout (?) (I'm talking about a normal laptop screen) and I prefer having the text in one fairly narrow column (calibre reader does it the way I mean if you want a visual example), but I don't really have the option of adjusting the margins on the left and right (ideally, the text is in the middle with about the width it would have if I put in two columns of text instead of one)

3.) (by far the least important) maybe have the app recognize if it's on a touch screen capable device? all these options for tapping this and that make the settings fuller than they need to be if used on a normal laptop.

Should I have phrased anything confusingly or akwardly, I apologize, English is not my first language, I'm happy to clarify though :-)
Also, if one of these things are already implemented and I just missed it, sorry, and an explanation would be really cool
Me too- and what I would like is just being able to press keys to go page forward or back, so that I don't have to keep my hand on the mouse the entire time.
(09-09-2018, 09:14 PM)Lyn Wrote: Hello :-)

Thank you for your good work so far! I've downloaded your reader, because it's the only one I've found with auto-scrolling that doesn't need a mousewheel for it to work. there are however, several things that would make it even better :-)

1.) I can't controll the auto scroll speed with any keys (making it slow down a little bit or speed up), I always need to use the mouse/touchpad for that and I'd appreciate it greatly if this were possible

2.) I'm on a screen with horizontal layout (?) (I'm talking about a normal laptop screen) and I prefer having the text in one fairly narrow column (calibre reader does it the way I mean if you want a visual example), but I don't really have the option of adjusting the margins on the left and right (ideally, the text is in the middle with about the width it would have if I put in two columns of text instead of one)

3.) (by far the least important) maybe have the app recognize if it's on a touch screen capable device? all these options for tapping this and that make the settings fuller than they need to be if used on a normal laptop.

Should I have phrased anything confusingly or akwardly, I apologize, English is not my first language, I'm happy to clarify though :-)
Also, if one of these things are already implemented and I just missed it, sorry, and an explanation would be really cool
Good suggestions, all of these.  I will add them to the list.

(09-22-2018, 04:00 AM)david33 Wrote: Me too- and what I would like is just being able to press keys to go page forward or back, so that I don't have to keep my hand on the mouse the entire time.

This should work already - the arrow buttons, space bar, enter key and so forth should change the page.  Is this not working for you?
(09-29-2018, 11:06 AM)jim_chapman Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 09:14 PM)Lyn Wrote: Hello :-)

Good suggestions, all of these.  I will add them to the list.

(09-22-2018, 04:00 AM)david33 Wrote: Me too- and what I would like is just being able to press keys to go page forward or back, so that I don't have to keep my hand on the mouse the entire time.

This should work already - the arrow buttons, space bar, enter key and so forth should change the page.  Is this not working for you?

Nope.  I'm in windows 10 (desktop pc), I have a vanilla install from about 2 weeks ago (btw, how I do I find the version number?  I can't find like an "about Freda" menu option, typically found under a "Help" menu?)  

The arrows or spacebar don't do anything. And, in general, the entire app is too focussed on tablets and phones and neglects desktop reading.  In general, it's really awkward as a desktop app.    For example- it took me a long time to figure out how to highlight text, and even when I figured it out and copy-pasted, it didn't have any paragraph breaks; it didn't retain them.

EDIT: Oh I'm figuring out how to recreate your bug here (I'm a developer for 20 years).  It looks like if I'm using the mouse to click on the right edge to advance a page, then the arrows and spacebar stop working after that.  But If I go to settings (and don'teven change anything), and then exit from settings, then suddendly the arrows and spacebar work............ unless I use the mouse to advance again even just once. 

(And when I say "settings" I just mean right-clicking on the right edge)

Thanks and you're welcome! haha but really the highlight thing is so broken both in user interface and the exclusion of paragraph breaks.